Tuesday Evening Youth Assisted Sailing
- rig their boat
- pull it up and down the slipway
- launch and recover by themselves (without any assistance)
- right their boat should they capsize and get back aboard without any assistance.
RYA Stage 2 sailors may be allowed to participate if they can demonstrate all of the above capabilities*.
*Parents may assist with rigging, launching, recovery and de-rigging of their own child's boat. However, the main risk is on the water should the sailor capsize and be unable to right and get back in to their boat. If there is a risk of an incident then the support boat will have to intervene and this will put the support boat driver at risk. Therefore, if a sailor is considered to be incapable of righting their own boat or too light for the weather conditions, then they may be excluded from the session.
All members/sailors/parents must maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times.
- Particular care will be required in the Dinghy Park whist rigging
- 2 metre distancing must be maintained on the slipway when launching dinghies. A Beach Master (wearing gloves) will recover / return trollies
- 2 metre distancing must be maintained, particularly when walking down the side of the Club
- Any sailor persistently not adhering to this rule will be excluded from the session
- Attendees will be split in to groups of 6 dependent on sailing level
- For RYA Level 2 sailors - sessions will run from 17:00 - 19:00, so please arrive by 16:30 in time to rig your boat
- For RYA Level 3 and above sailors - sessions will run from 18:00 - 20:00, so please arrive by 17:30 in time to rig your boat
- If you have your own boat, please feel free to use it. Club boats are available for use
- Sessions will not take place should the wind strength be beyond the capabilities of the group (Chief Instructor's decision) or 18 knots
- Sessions may be cancelled at the last minute, depending on weather conditions, as the safety of our support drivers and instructors and we will not put them at any unnecessary risk
- All briefings will take place outside on the lawn or on the balcony at the front of the club (2 metre distancing must be maintained, particularly when walking down the side of the Club
- The Clubhouse will be closed so come dressed ready to sail. Bring all necessary kit as you will be outside all session (extra clothing, snacks, drinks, water, sunscreen, towel, etc)
- Sailors must wear full fingered gloves at all times. If you do not have gloves then you will be unable to participate in the session
- Please bring and wear your own buoyancy aid
- All Club equipment used during each session will be sprayed down after use and stored for 72 hours
Last updated 11:45am on 10 June 2020